Resources & Links
The veterinary resources featured on this page provide useful information to pet owners on a variety of topics related to veterinary medicine and pet health care.
Animal Breed Associations
- American Kennel Club
- American Kennel Club - Picking a Puppy — If you are interested in selecting a purebred puppy, keep these important tips in mind.
- Cat Fanciers' Association
- Ticks in Ohio — This page from the Ohio Department of Natural Resources helps you identify ticks (including the tick that causes Lyme disease), and properly remove them.
Pet Grief Support
- Paws & Remember — For support when grieving the loss of a beloved pet. Or call the OSU College of Veterinary Medicine's Companion Animal Listening Line: 614-292-1823.
Pet Insurance / Payment Options
- Nationwide Pet Insurance — For information on veterinary pet insurance, to find out if it may be a good option for you.
- Pet Insurance Quotes — A quick and easy way for pet owners to get quotes and compare plans from leading pet insurance companies.
Pet Poison Control
- Balance IT — For homemade pet food: Choose from online formulation software, supplements and fortified carbohydrates created by Diplomates of the American College of Veterinary Nutrition.
- Hill's Pet Nutrition — Find information about nutrition for your pet as well as some of the special diets.
- PetDIETS.com — For the latest information on pet nutrition, including pet food recalls and homemade diets.
Veterinary Education & Pet Care
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- Healthy Cats for Life — This site discusses transport of feline companions to your veterinarian, as well as subtle signs of illness in cats.
- International Cat Care — General cat care information.
- Ohio Veterinary Medical Association (OVMA)
- OSU's Indoor Pet Initiative — Enrich the life of your indoor cat and learn how to reduce household stress.
- Veterinary Oral Health Council (VOHC) — Provides a listing of approved products that help slow the buildup of dental plaque and tartar.
- VeterinaryPartner.com (VIN) — Information on a diagnosis or condition, from medical to behavioral. Just type in your search, for reliable, DVM approved information.
How To Apply Frontline and Revolution — Dr. John demonstrates the proper technique to apply these flea and heartworm preventatives.
Pilling a Cat — Dr. Bonnie demonstrates how to administer pills to a cat.
Pet First Aid — Dr. Bonnie discusses how to be prepared for a pet emergency, including having a plan with a veterinarian after hours, and having a pet first aid kit.